Management as a career option never looked so prospective! According to recent report by the Economic Times, the average salary of a Management Graduate in India has shot up by 22% in 2008 as compared to that offered last year. If you are a fresh MBA pass-out, you can look forward to beginning your career in several industries. While the profiles of Freshers Jobs for MBA degree holders are varied, exciting and challenging, the salaries offered can be lucrative.
Sectors hiring Fresh MBA degree holder
- Marketing & Sales- You can be hired as an Assistant Manager for marketing and sale of a product, brand, concept or a service. You can also be recruited as Project Trainee or Data Analyst for business development. Management Graduates are also hired as Management Trainees for brand management, promotional activities and drawing out marketing strategies.
- Financial Services- You can be recruited as a Management Trainee for varied roles related to research, analysis and other financial services in Banking or Finance and Accounts. If you have knowledge of finance in addition, then you can also be hired as a Financial Analyst. Many companies also recruit fresh MBA pass-outs as Business Development Executives.
- Administration and HRM - Several companies hire fresh MBA degree holders for business administration. These Management Executives need to coordinate across several verticals in a company. You can also be recruited for human resource management, Operations and logistics.
- Hospitality & Tourism- Fresh MBA degree holders are employed in hospitality and tourism sector. Your job as a Management Trainee includes dealing in customer management, Operations as well as brand management.
- Retail- At an entry level position, you can be recruited for marketing and customer relations. You can also be hired as a Management Trainee to assist an organization in Operations and supply chain management.
- IT and ITES- If a Fresh Management graduate has specialization in Systems, he can be recruited as Engagement Manager, Business Solutions Developer, Solutions Architect (from a business point of view) or Project Manager. If you apply in ITES sector, you can be recruited as an Operations Manager.
MBA Freshers Expected Salaries
For an entry-level job in management, you can expect a minimum salary of Rs 15,000 every month. However, the salary may vary depending on the sector you are applying in and the location of your job. Your average monthly income may also be as high as Rs 1,5 00,000.
Choose the sector suiting your interests and apply for the right job matching your qualification, so that you can make a grand entry in the job market as a fresh MBA degree holder.